If you haven’t checked out my last post, go and give it a read here to get a better understanding of the benefits of mushroom coffee.
Whenever you buy something, whether it be eggs or clothes or creamer, there are always different brand options. I’m the type of person that always does their research before buying a product. I like to know what I’m buying, plain and simple.
These are my top five things you need to consider before picking a mushroom coffee brand:
1. Taste: How does it taste? If you don’t like the taste, chances are you’re not going to be a repeat customer, regardless of the benefits. If the company offers samples (you can sample mine here), I always recommend doing that first to make sure you’re not wasting your money on something you potentially don’t like.
2. Quality: Where does your product come from? Can you trace it back to a source? It’s important to know these answers because many companies will take shortcuts to save on time and money and will grow their mushrooms in plastic bags, instead of from in the ground. In-ground cultivation of reishi mushrooms takes 5-7 months to fully mature, and most companies just don’t want to wait that long. Unlike a lot of companies, Organo coffee only uses certified organic mushrooms that have been grown in the purest regions of Eastern China.
3. Price: This goes hand-in-hand with quality in my book. Yes, some companies will have cheaper pricing for reishi mushroom coffee, but again it goes back to how they grew and harvested their mushrooms. Did they take shortcuts? I always try to find a brand that has found a really good balance between good sourcing and being reasonably priced.
4. Specialities: What sets one company apart from another? The reason I personally choose Organo coffee is because of their patent. Inside reishi mushrooms there are shells that contain the spores (the most potent part of the mushroom). Retrieving the nutrients from the shells is extremely difficult and many companies end up crushing them, losing their effectiveness. Organo’s patent cracks both of the spores’ hard outer shells (WITHOUT crushing them) and is able to extract 99.9% of the nutrients. Pretty incredible!
5. Ease of use: How easy is it to make? Does it travel well? If a product requires me to use three different machines, makes me measure multiple times, and has complicated instructions, I’m probably not going to use it. I make my coffee before work every morning and if the process isn’t simple, I’m not going to bother with it. I’m in LOVE with the individual packets from Organo. They’re so easy to travel with and all I have to do is add hot water and stir. Seriously so easy. Plus, I like knowing that each packet already has a pre-measured amount of medicinal mushrooms in it, making it even simpler.
Hopefully this gives y’all some food for thought before making your next mushroom coffee purchase! As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions/comments!
Ready to try Organo coffee? Shop here!